An Herbal Recipe
for Breast Cancer and Lymphomas
by Leslee Dru Browning
Everyone needs to cleanse their lymph system of all the wastes that have built up over a lifetime. Cleansing the lymph helps the body to cleanse every organ and system you have. The waste from each cell must be removed or the body will die in its own waste.
The lymph system transports lymphatic fluids but it also works as a filter, removing bacteria, microorganisms, dead cells, and other unwanted substances. In today's world, our bodies are inundated with an abundance of unwelcome matter and toxins that can block the lymph nodes, decreasing the body's ability to resist disease.
Over time, waste builds up inside the body and starts to clog organs, veins, and lymph which in turn can cause not only cancer but many illnesses such as swollen lymph nodes, skin problems, high cholesterol, sinus congestion, fatigue, and headaches due to a weakened immune system.
When toxic waste builds up in the lymphatic system it impedes the entire body's function. Because the lymph system is the foundation of the immune system, it is vital that its function not be congested by useless wastes that can be naturally flushed out with simple herbs and supplements.
To read about an herbal recipe for Lymph Clear Click here. The herbs in the formula support one another, and support a solution to clearing the body of environmental causes which have been found in all cancers, but especially Breast Cancer, Lymphatic Cancer and Lymphoma. I have used it as an alternative treatment for many cancers and I have had Naturopaths order this tonic from me to treat their patients for everything from cancers to lymphoedema.
In addition to using Lymph Clear, it is important to change lifestyle, diet and add additional supplements which I recommended here:
Overall Cancer Prevention tips along with additional suggestions for Breast Cancer:
1. Use broccoli and broccoli sprouts. Research has shown broccoli is the best vegetable you can consume for breast cancer prevention.
2. Omit foods that contain or are grown with hormones like dairy and meats.
3. Supplement with the herb Black Cohosh for breast cancer prevention. This herb has been used for years by herbalists for treating menopause. A new laboratory study now backs its usage and suggests that extracts from Black Cohosh, an herb most commonly used to reduce menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, may stop breast cancer cells in their tracks. This adds more evidence to a small but growing body of research suggesting that Black Cohosh could have a use in breast cancer prevention.
4. For breast cancer, supplement with DIM (Diindolylmethane), which is intended to reduce your undesirable "BAD" estrogen metabolites.
5. Drink green tea. It has an anti-tumor effect on breast cancer cells. A study by Dr. Maheshwari that was published earlier this year in Cancer Letters showed that green tea is effective in delaying tumor incidence as well as in reducing the tumor burden. Green tea was found to inhibit growth of tumors as well as induce death of breast cancer cells. Epidemiological studies also suggest that the risk of breast cancer is found to be less in Asian countries consuming green tea. These studies have greater clinical significance since the ability of these phytochemicals to activate anti-cancer program of tumor cells might determine the success of chemotherapy.
6. Reduce your processed food, sugar and grain carbohydrate intake.
7. Check for food allergies. Ex: Blueberries are an excellent antioxidant but if you are allergic to them they will do more harm than good. Anyone who is suffering from critical or chronic illness should have a combined IgE and IgG4 allergy test taken. IgE shows what foods cause an instant allergic reaction where IgG4 shows delayed allergy that may take up to 4 days for an allergic reaction. The IgG4 allergies are what I term 'hidden allergies'.
8. Reduce your exposure to environmental toxins like fertilizers, pesticides, household chemical cleaners, synthetic air fresheners, scented candles, car exhaust, and air pollution. Use Cilantro tincture to remove heavy metals from your body. Or, eat fresh cilantro in salads.
9. Instead of frying your foods bake, boil, or steam them.
10. Normalize your ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fats by taking a high-quality fish oil and reducing your intake of most processed vegetable oils
11. Supplement with vitamin D. Cod liver oil will provide vitamin D, vitamin A and omega-3.
12. Get regular exercise; even if it's just going for a daily walk. One of the primary reasons exercise works is that it drives your insulin levels down.
13. Get a good night's sleep. Research shows when the immune system is compromised, it takes 9 hours of sleep in the dark to restore your immune system.
14. Limit your exposure to radio waves produced by cell phone towers, base stations, phones, computers and WiFi stations.
15. Cultivate a spiritual life. This can be done with brief meditations, introspections, appreciating nature, taking up a hobby, listening to music, readings. In essence, make room in your day for yourself and something you love.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your health care professional. You should not use the information in this article for self-diagnosis or to replace any prescriptive medication. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem, suffer from allergies, are pregnant or nursing.
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (2007, December 9)
Green Tea Shown To Possess Anti-tumor Effect In Breast Cancer.
ScienceDaily. Retrieved December 10, 2007, from http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071208171411.htm
Women with cancerous breats have more aggressive dis-ease and lower survival rates if they are overweight or obese, according to findings published in the March 15 issue of Clinical Cancer Research,a journal of the American Association for Cancer Research.
"The more obese a patient is, the more aggressive the disease," said Massimo Cristofanilli, MD, associate professor of medicine in the Department of Breast Medical Oncology at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. "We are learning that the fat tissue may increase inflammation that leads to more aggressive disease."
Cristofanilli and colleagues observed 606 women with locally advanced breast cancer. These women were classified by body mass index into the following three groups: normal/underweight (24.9 or below), overweight (at least 25 but less than 30) or obese (more than 30). Body mass index is calculated by dividing a person's weight by their height.
At five years, overall survival was 56.8 percent among obese women, 56.3 percent among overweight women and 67.4 percent among normal weight women. The 10-year survival rate was 42.7 percent among obese women, 41.8 percent among overweight women and 56.5 percent among normal weight women.
The rate of inflammatory or stage 4 acidosis in cancerous breasts, previously shown to have worse outcomes than non-inflammatory breast cancer, among obese women was 45 percent compared with 30 percent in overweight women and only 15 percent in women considered normal weight,researchers found.
Risk of cancerous or acidic breasts recurrence was also higher in obese or overweight women. By five years, 50.8 percent of obese women reported a recurrence compared with 38.5 percent of normal weight women. By 10 years, the rate of recurrence was 58 percent among obese women and 45.4 percent among normal weight women.
"Obesity goes far beyond just how a person looks or any physical strain from carrying around extra weight. Particular attention should be paid to our overweight patients," Cristofanilli said.
Cristofanilli said physicians need to pay close attention to breast cancer patients because commonly used drugs, such as tamoxifen, tend to increase weight gain during treatment.
"We have actually become quite good at managing acute side effects such as nausea in our chemotherapy patients and it goes away within a couple of days," Cristofanilli said.
"Following the nausea, our patients tend to overeat, which further increases their risk of weight gain. We need to implement lifestyle modifications interventions and develop better methods to follow these patients closely."
According to Dr. Robert O. Young, a research scientist at the pH Miracle Living Center, states, "cancerous breasts are the the result of dietary and metabolic acids being stored in the fatty breast tissues. The bigger the breasts the greater the risk for cancerous breasts. The key is to eliminate dietary and metabolic acids through urination, perspiration, respiration and defecation and not store them in the fatty breast tissue. The key then to preventing acidic cancerous breasts is to alkalize and exercise. If you want to prevent or reverse a cancerous condition in the body you need to sweat and pee your way to health. Cancer is a four letter word - ACID, and the body will generally park this acid in the fatty tissue, i.e., the breast tissue! By buffering and eliminating dietary and metabolic acids through one of the four channels of elimination by alkalizing and exercising you can either prevent or reverse a cancerous condition."
To read about an herbal recipe for Lymph Clear Click here .
To read about our Rife Machines and how they help flush lymphatic fluids Click here.